This fic can pretty much be read on it's own, even if you haven't read the Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine. All that I really borrowed is the setting in the books, and the concept of the Wraeththu. All the characters are original and everything you'll need to know is in the notes.Notes:
The Wraeththu have overrun the world, taking the place of humans, and the Gimrah
are the only tribe in Jaddayoth that will have any contact with the remaining humans. They allow them to stay in their land, and the interaction is pretty open. Once a boy reaches puberty and has fathered a male child, he can then be incepted into Wraeththu.
tribe is famous for their artistic abilities. It isn’t uncommon for rich members of other tribes to purchase a Ferike youth to breed with their own sons, thereby improving their family’s bloodline.Aghama
– The first of the Wraeththu, worshipped as a godAruna
– Wraeththu sexual intercourse. The ouana is the equivalent of the seme, the soume is the uke.Chesnari
- Partner, this is as close as two Wraeththu can get.Har
– Wraeththu individual. Plural is ‘hara’Harling
– A Wraeththu youth that has not yet reached sexual maturityHostling
: A har that carries a pearl to term.Pearl
– Harlings are birthed in this form. Seven days after, the fully formed harling emerges from the pearl.Wraeththu
– A beautiful race of hermaphrodites that have evolved from mankind.For more information on Wraeththu, go to this site
I think that that's all anyone needs to know.
Summary: Ruhari is a human boy growing up within the Gimrah tribe, where humans can freely interact with the Wraeththu. The prominent Canmyr family of Lemarath has taken him in as one of their own, and he grows up alongside the the son of the family heir, Lharon.
Will their friendship survive as Lharon becomes more and more immersed in the ways of the Wraeththu, while Ruhari stubbornly holds on to his human roots?( Ties That Bind - Part OneCollapse )